Monday, May 3, 2010

Sherry Vine Exclusive


Sherry Vine has recently gained immense attention from her parody videos on YouTube, most notably her Lady Gaga spoofs, which have millions and millions of hits. Sherry came out of the New York City club scene in the early nineties, an original that continues to bring her bombshell charm while performing live. Recently, she has added television guest appearances to her list of credits. Sherry now lives in Berlin, honing her craft and gaining even more cabaret credibility.

SHERRY VINE: THE FAME QUEEN
Interview by Michael Venus

You have been getting so much attention for your fabulous video spoofs, especially The Lady Gaga "Bad Romance" one. How did you start making them, what is the process and have you met Gaga yet?

I've been doing video spoofs for a few years just for fun and to generate some publicity on YouTube. But I never expected the success that came with the "Bad Romance" parody [Sherry's Version is titled "Shit My Pants"]. Who knew poo was so popular? The process is a dollar and a prayer. Haha! I'm blessed to be surrounded by so many talented people who are into helping out. I met Gaga once right before she exploded into superstardom. She was SOOOOOOO nice!

What are some of your career highlights?

I have so many highlights! I've been so lucky to have been making a living doing what I love so I give thanks every day.

Who are you current inspirations?

I am inspired certainly by Lady GaGa - I think she's the hottest thing since adult diapers. And anytime I need inspiration I look at videos or pictures of Debbie Harry!

What are you fave things about Vancouver?

My fave thing in Vancouver is Cotton of course! I was only there for a short time but I remember a lovely day strolling along the water.

Upcoming projects?

Right now I'm focused on the tour with Joey. I have a new video parody of "Telephone" coming out this week. And then I will be performing the Gay Pride circuit in Europe all summer.

Any words of wisdom?

Get The Money First!

No comments:

Post a Comment